- About Us
- DGS&D Users
- Employee Corner
- Banned Firms
- Help Desk
- Contact Us
BRIEF ABOUT DGSND
- Role & Functions of DGS&D
- Advantages in Associating with DGS&D
- Contributions To The National Activities
- Registration with DGS&D
- Quality Assurance Wing
A CENTRAL PURCHASE & QUALITY ASSURANCE ORGANISATION of Govt. of India, Department of Supply, Ministry of Commerce.
In the year 1860, the British Govt. evolved a concept of CENTRAL BUYING & set up INDIA STORES DEPARTMENT in LONDON for meeting procurement needs of Govt. of India.
Established in 1951 in its present form for rendering procurement services to Central & State Govt. by placing Rate Contracts for common user items & contracts against their ad-hoc demands.
Adhoc procurement decentralized in December, 1991. Main function now is to conclude RATE CONTRACTS.
Quality assurance functions continue to remain centralized as before. Continues to be the NODAL Agency of Govt. of India for purchase policy & procedure. Govt. Departments/Organisations, who have not built-up their own infrastructure for purchase, can raise their demands on DGS&D for ad-hoc procurement.
Services continue to be available to PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS & AUTONOMOUS BODIES.
Has a full fledged QUALITY ASSURANCE WING rendering wide ranging technical services inclusive of formulation of need based procurement specifications, vendor development/evaluation and assuring quality of goods for their conformity. Service charges range from 0.25 to 2 %.
Cargo clearance services at major ports are available.
Manned by qualified Engineers recruited through Indian Engineering Service Examination by UPSC, Govt. of India.
State Governments, Public Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies, Quasi Public Bodies, etc. who desire to avail the services of DGS&D can do so. However, indent from these departments should be accompanied by a pre-deposit of funds sufficient to cover the cost of stores. Pre-deposit of funds may be in the form of demand draft or crossed cheque drawn on the Reserve Bank of India/State Bank of India duly marked 'On Government Account Only' and in favour of Chief Controller of Accounts, department of Supply, New Delhi.
Consultancy services of DGS&D are offered to desirous organisations for availing R/C prices, finalising tender documents for their own procurement and providing quality assurance support.
Databank on suppliers rate contracts is maintained to arrange supplies of clothing and tentage items etc. for meeting emergency requirements during disasters/natural calamities.
Facility for training in Quality & Purchase management field are also available in DGS&D.
- Its REGISTRATION is held in high esteem by all Govt. Department/Agencies
- Award of rate contract lends respectability & image enhancement.
- Marketing effort required is nominal.
- Consistent & uniform purchase policies & procedures.
- Availability of technical guidance for upgrading manufacturing processes & for building product quality.
- Uniform Quality Assurance techniques lead to standardization.
- Registered suppliers are given prior intimation about tenders.
- Facility of bulk purchase of lowest competitive price.
- Enables buying as & when required.
- Saves effort involved in tedious & frequent tendering.
- Just in Time availability of supplies for inventory management.
- Availability of quality goods with full quality assurance back-up.
- Rails (inspects every metreof indigeneous Rails used by Indian Railways)
- Heavy Earth Moving Const. Equipment
- Road construction & inspection machinery
- Batteries, Tyres, Tubes
- Spares for all types of vehicles & machinery
Drinking Water Supply Projects
- All kinds of water carrying pipes like M.S. Galvanized Pipes, HDPE Pipes, UPVC Pipes, CI spun Pipes, Ductile iron Spun Pipes
- Submersible Pumps
- Hand Pumps
- Drilling Rigs & accessories
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Alumina Ferric & stable bleaching powder
- Water Fittings like meters, sluice valves
- Air compressors
- Production Machine Tools
- Special purpose machines for arms & ammunition
- CNC precision production/inspection & testing machines
Para Military Forces (BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, NSG, RAF)
- Uniforms & Clothing
- Tents, FRP Shelters & Camping Equipment
- Communication Equipment like Transreceivers
- Automobiles/Vehicles, Recovery Vehicles
- Combat Equipment & accessories
- Border Fencing & Lighting Equipment such as Concertina coils
- Barbed wire, Night Vision Devices
- Kitchen Equipment & Utensils
- Crash fire tenders
- Hydraulic Platforms/ Snorkels
- Fire fighting equipment & documents
- Drugs & Medicines
- Specialized Hospital Equipment
- Scanning Machines
Public Utilities (For Central & State Govts, CPWD, Railways, Defence. Urban Development)
- Automobiles & spares
- Generating Sets
- Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Water Coolers
- Evaporative Air Coolers
- Cables & conductors
- Luminaries HPSV, HPMV, CFL, GLS Lamps, Fluorescent tubes & fittings
- Electrical Accessories like MCBs, Switches, CSFU
- Energy meters
- Decorative laminates & rexine
- Door & window fittings
- Printing & copying machines like Digital copy printer, duplicating machines, document binder, photocopier
- Household Electrical Appliances
- Paper & Paper products
- B. Twill bags for packing food grain
- Room air conditioners
- Evaporative air cooler
- Ballasts (Electromagnetic & Electronic)
- Laminates electrical light fittings
- Disaster Management
- Registration with DGS&D is a process by which firms can get enlisted as an approved supplier to qualify for participation in DGS&D procurement programme.
- DGS&D registers suppliers for specified items after verification of their technical capability, financial status and reliability as a supplier.
- This registration is widely taken as a benchmark by other procurement agencies in India both in the State and Central sectors.
- 20 Registration centres across the country deal with applications for registration on single window disposal basis.
Benefits of DGS&D Registration
- Rate contracts for Govt. purchases concluded with registered firms
- Registered firms granted exemption from earnest money/security deposit.
- Tender enquiries are supplied free of cost to small-scale units.
- Issue of advanced tender notices to concerned registered firms.
Different Categories of Registration
- Indian Manufacturers/Assemblers/Converters.
- Authorised Agents/Distributors of registered Indian Manufacturers.
- Stockists of certain specified indigenous stores.
- Foreign Manufacturers with or without Indian Agents.
- Stockists of imported stores.
- Suppliers of imported stores.
- Quality Assurance Wing of DGS&D (Formally known as Inspection Wing) is the Inspection Agency of the Govt. of India
- Consists of a team of professionally qualified experts, trained in India & abroad in various disciplines of engineering
- Renders inspection & technical services for Quality Assurance in procurement activities
- Technical arm of DGS&D providing complete support in purchase activity by laying down specifications, assessing the vendors, technical evaluation of bids & assuring quality of stores for their conformity
- It has 35 centres covering all industrial locations in the country
- Provides third party inspection service for civil indentors
- Quality Assurance of products at various stages of manufacture, commissioning & testing
- Preparation of technical specifications for tender enquiry & technical evaluation of bids
- Vendor assessment for placement of contracts and registration
- Testing & Evaluation of stores
- Failure investigation of stores
- Development of small scale industries and KVIC units
- Quality Audit of supplies at users end
- Provides single window service by giving information about DGS&D functions to the indentors & the industry
- Assisting BIS in preparation and updating of National Standards
Inspection & Quality Assurance services relating to
- Procurement of equipments
- Contracts placed directly by Central & State Govts., Foreign Govts., Public Sector & Private bodies
- BIS Certification of steel items at Bokaro Steel Plant
- Testing & evaluation of metallurgical & refractory products
Last Updated On: 15/12/2014